Each semester department instructors and advanced undergraduate students organize conversation groups. These get-togethers are a great opportunity to speak French or Italian in a relaxed environment (local coffee shops or bookstores). Graduate students, undergraduates, and community members participate, and speakers of all levels are welcome.
Culture Shock Conversation Groups
Italian and French Culture Shock conversation groups meet at Bordertown Coffee, located at 315 16th Ave SE, Mpls. All levels of speakers are welcome.
CIAO, the Italian conversation group, meets Mondays at 4-5pm.
The French conversation group meets Thursdays at 6-7pm
French Culture in the Twin Cities
Alliance Française de Minneapolis-St. Paul is a cultural center, not affilitated with the University, which hosts a variety of events and conversation groups open to the public.
All conversation groups in the Twin Cities:
- 6-8pm at Cafe Nina's, 165 Western Ave N, Saint Paul
- 11:30am-1pm at MN Institute of Arts Restaurant, 2400 3rd Ave S, Mpls
- 6:30-8:30pm at Barnes & Noble, Galleria, 69th St & France Ave, Edina
- 6:30-8:30pm(intm-adv)at Caribou Coffee, 1127 Larpentuer, St Paul
- 6-9pm at Barnes & Noble, Har Mar Mall, 2100 Snelling, Roseville
- Apéritif en français, 2nd Thursday of the month, 6-7:30pm at the University Club in St Paul
- 2:30-3:30pm at Bordertown Coffee, 315 16th Ave SE, Mlps